Every object must have a maximum age limit for its use, as well as a car. Cars that have been used for years are certainly different from new cars. For cars that have long been used, of course, require extra maintenance, this condition is because of some components of the car that have approached the maximum age limit for use. Then how to take care of an old car so that its performance remains okay?
Old cars or commonly referred to as classic cars have enough fans. Starting from its unique form to very few numbers, making many people fall in love with old cars.
Even so, it cannot be denied if the age factor actually makes the old cars become quite inconvenient for maintenance. But not everyone agrees, there are some people who consider that car care over the age of 10 is not difficult.
The following are five ways to take care of an old car so that its performance remains okay, as reported by the viva.co.id page, namely:
1. Pay attention to oil changes. For older car enthusiasts, oil change is a mandatory thing that needs to be done to be able to provide protection for the engine to maintain its condition and keep its performance.
2. Perform regular checks on the legs of the car. In older cars, the legs that make rough sounds are a common problem. Therefore, always be sure to check the section.
3. Perform car paint treatment. In general, old car paint has begun to fade. Therefore, the elements of the car body must be kept in mind. Old cars should be closed when they are outside the parking garage.
4. Always pay attention to the cables in the car. For those of you old car owners, you should pay attention to the parts of the cables in the car. This is because the cable is an important element found in the car, if there is damage to the cable, it can also cause damage to the engine.
5. Routinely inspect piston rings. This component is an important component that serves to withstand oil leakage and hold the mixture between fuel and air. If this component is damaged, it will result in other components.